Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gardens and poetry

I've posted four times this year. How useless is that? Every time I have posted, I've enjoyed myself so much I've promised that this time, really, this time I will post again in a few days. But life is just nuts around here. And maybe the sooner I accept that, the sooner I'll get to more regular posting. Maybe the realisation that my life is chaos, will stay chaotic, the sooner I will just seize the day and guerrilla post - blogging suddenly and without warning...

So, here is a smorgasbord of what's been going on Chez D'Oub - 

The garden got done! The stress nearly killed me. Here's a cool time lapse video of it -







What else?

Well, 

[post edited. poem that was here will be back soon!]


And lastly a picture of the baby to finish. 


5 comments:

Titus said...

Two awes and an ah!

Absolute awe for the garden - you had plans?! - and I love the Stonehenge-look archy bit. Love it all, actually, so... tidy/practical/interesting. Ticks all the boxes.

And awe at the imaginary poet and his very real poem. Love the 'limp impotent' and lots of other bits.

And sleeping baby! Who doesn't love a sleeping baby!

Chaos. Yep. Yep, yep, yep.

Niamh B said...

skeffinton is my hero

Domestic Oub said...

Heya Titus - I am in love with my new garden! I'm sure that is listed as a sin in Levisitcus somewhere, but I just don't care :))

Niamh, I'm thinking 'Skeffington' might have more in him....

Niamh B said...

or his contemporaries perhaps - I know his Aunt Norah who was a nun was a bit of a scribbler too

The Dead Acorn said...

I'm impressed that you adhered to the traditional (and stricter) O'Burriaghn school of translation rather the more flexible Janessian approach that all the kids seem to love (to you Janessian "translators" ... yeah, it allows you more leeway in your interpretation, but if you want that, write your own damn poems!). Kudos - Skeffington would have approved, no doubt.

And I heartily approve of Baby Oub's sleeping technique - I use it quite often myself.