Friday, October 17, 2008

Let them eat cake



I have an email to send to Minister Lenihan. It contains this link ... What is Egalitarian?

I have four little words for your budget Mr Lenihan

Grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre and unprecedented.

(Someone you once knew came up with that one...)

Since when was penalising our old people egalitarian? Since when was hitting lower paid families with teenagers in college egalitarian? We all know that education is the route out of poverty, so why on earth were such families hit at least twice? Doubling university charges and taking away of child allowance...

Its like you sought out those with most to lose and laughed in their faces.

I am ashamed that my previous post worried I might not be able to afford my big fancy schamcy house after the budget - cause guess what? Of course we still can. We're only well-paid and middle class -a very needy demographic I think you'd agree.

Shame on your Minister.

No comments: