Monday, December 19, 2011

Block!

Panic.

I've forgotten how to write poetry!!

i want to take part in IPYPIASM but nothing! Nothing will come out of my brain!

I've tried and tried and tried and it looks like I broke my poetry bone. Sprained my sonnetness. Twisted my tercet. Od'ed my ode... (etc...)

I went along to a lovely reading tonight. The wonderful Emerging Writer was reading and was, well, wonderful. And the brilliant Louise Phillips was there too! Poetess extraordinaire Eileen Casey was running the event. I was enveloped in a hug of wordy gloriousness.

How do I feel now?

The Cat Sat on the Mat.


Arghghghghghgh!

Help!

My only friend in this lonely hour! Hic.






7 comments:

Titus said...

Sorry. Jealous of your night out.

Domestic Oub said...

You may have been joking Titus, but I'm desperate, I may be pet shop bound by the end of the week if things don't improve..

As for my night out - well, while out I missed the chance to pick up two tickets for Duran Duran that a friend was giving away! Duran Duran! I could hav thrown my knickers at Nick Rhodes...

Rachel Fox said...

I bet there's a poem in the knickers, as it very much were.

I like the cat one. I've read much worse.

x

Emerging Writer said...

There's definitely a poem somewhere towards the bottom of the bottle of wine. Thanks for coming D'Oub.

Domestic Oub said...

Rachel - there probably is a poem there, but not one that could be abondoned in a shop where young children might find it..

EM - Mr Oub stole the last of the wine...so it there was a poem there, he drank it. Fecker.

Also, was a delight to come out to hear you read. It's especiually nice to hear pomes from someone who still has the ability to write them...

Louise said...

Hmmm - you can do it you can! Small piece of advice - don't think! It interferes with the creative flow:)

Kat Mortensen said...

I wish I could have been there!