Friday, February 5, 2010

Allotted

I am like, so excited! I actually couldn't sleep last night.

What has brought on this Christmas Eve stylee madness??

I got an email yesterday evening. From a guy who rents allotments.


I. May. Be. Able. To. Rent. One.



ARGJF?Ohkdkweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Waving arms and guttural noises ala Animal from the Muppets!

I'm just so excited.

I may have mentioned that.

I am not yet guaranteed one of these parcels of muck. I have to talk to the guy and see if it's what I'm after etc, etc...

But I was up till 2am researching miniature sheds - (more expensive then you'd think). And my head was full of potatoes (no change there says everyone) and cabbage and mange touts...

My teenaged self would be mortified. Practically wetting my pants with excitement over a veggie patch. Teenaged Domestic Oub is cringing in the corner - while applying an extra layer of eyeliner and listening to The Cure.

You know. I suspect 20s Domestic Oub would be a little embarrassed too. Lounging drunkenly in the snug, Guinness in hand, shaking her head sadly - 'I'll never be that uncool when I'm old' she says to herself.

But you know - that has got to be one of the advantaged of nearing forty, not really giving a damn any longer.

Hurray for Sprouts! And old age!





oh jeez, I'm nearly forty....

7 comments:

Colm Keegan said...

i'm developing a serious hankering for the land these days too. Weird. Congrats to you though!

Domestic Oub said...

I know, I do feel kinda drawn...

Fingers crossed there won't be a prob that stops me getting it!!!!

Emerging Writer said...

I love sheds. Suggest you look on gumtree or perhaps freecycle for someone wanting to get rid of one. Then paint it pink, put up curtains, install a kettle, ipod and campbed

Domestic Oub said...

Oh, Kate I know, sheds are great! And I was in fact searching feverishly through the freecycles, jumbletowns etc last night... I may have found one :)But I don't want to count my chickens before I've offically signed on the dotted line for the plot..

Totalfeckineejit said...

Land , Land , Land! You can't beat owning a bit of land. I bought a nice piece of Tipp's finest land in the 70's when you could get a bargain. I keep it in an air tight container behind the sofa. Whadya expect for 75 pence?

Titus said...

Land and veggies for me? - maybe not. Tangle enough with the garden I've got.
But the shed! God, I'm excited about the shed. Oh, the possibilities of a shed...

Good luck. Hope you get it.

Domestic Oub said...

Thanks Titus! I make the big phonecall tomorrow - I was away all weekend, since my last post and couldn't call the guy. My heart is in my mouth - has he given all the free allotments away over the weekend?????