Monday, July 19, 2010

Loveless Funny Bus

Well, it's Monday and that means it Poetry Bus day. A highlight of my week :)

Mr Oub is off in the USA on business - poor him. meh. - and I've been left minding the animals my darling children. I will survive, but I imagine I will be a pale shadow of my former self by the time he returns.

Because of these tremendously trying circumstances, I wasn't sure I would have time to hop on the bus this week. But at the last moment the screaming hordes shut up for five minutes and I was able to convene an emergency meeting with the muse and produce a little offering.

It is Argent who is driving the bus again this week. The task was -

Excursion to the Comedy Store
Now we all know comedy is not easy to do, but I know from past experience that there are some seriously (sic!) funny people out there. Dust off your tickling sticks, put that water-squirting flower in your lapel, strap on your handshake buzzer and let's make with the funny!

Tunnel of (unrequited) Love
We had the slushy Valentine's stuff earlier this year, but it's not always easy to love and not be loved in return. What's it like when that certain special somebody doesn't even know you exist (it's called stalking - Ed). Are they with someone else? Are you jealous? Come and share the bittersweetness with your bus-travelling friends.



I am hoping that I have managed to go on both Poetry Bus journeys this week.



My Unrequited Lover

My love was unrequited.
You just didn't feel the same
But the kisses still got you excited
my conflicted former flame.

15 comments:

The Dead Acorn said...

If I happen to run into someone with an Irish accent, I'll assume it's Mr. Oub and buy him a pint.

Niamh B said...

I like this Oub, nice rhythm to it, deffo ticks both boxes too

Domestic Oub said...

Hey DA - when you run into him, remind him he's not allowed go to Hooters. I don't care if he goes there just for the articles...

Thanks Niamh :)

Argent said...

Hehe! Looks like you have a good meeting with the muse then!

Titus said...

Yay! Short, funny and great last line.
I'm with you on the animals.

Jinksy said...

Short and sweet can't be bad! :)

Dominic Rivron said...

Like it. Complicated feelings - but straight to the point.

Dr. Jeanne Iris said...

LOVE this, D.O! Thanks.

Helen said...

Short and sweet (very) and funny (very!)

Lydia said...

I do so love short poems with punch. Yours is great and also a perfect short stop in my bus tour this early morning!

Erratic Thoughts said...

"my conflicted former flame" is such a thoughtful one...too good...:)
~Cheers

Peter Goulding said...

Yes, conflicted ties everything up and provides the explanation!

Domestic Oub said...

Thanks for reading everyone :) I really enjoyed this weeks bus :)

Totalfeckineejit said...

lovely bit of 'effin' alliteration in 'conflicted former flame'
Liked it D'oub ,told a big story in a little way.I read it as serious , not funny, but then I'm a miserable git.

Domestic Oub said...

you know TFE, at the time, it wasn't funny at all...