Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bagpuss RIP


Bagpuss creator Oliver Postgate has died aged 83, his family has confirmed.


So long Oliver Postgate

Creator of the saggy old cloth cat curator.

Pondering puss and his peculiar friends

Making up the memories of my happy childhood.

Mice of the mouse organ, we will fix it

Professor Yaffle, Madeleine, mediating mother.

Yawning feline always at the centre

Baggy, and a bit loose at the seams.

But we loved him.


Normal blog services will resume, just as soon as we move on Friday. Then I'll probably spend a few days trying to find the pc. Then a few days just recovering from the move. Chances are I'll be silent till January. The blogosphere sighs in relief, I know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New House, New ideas. Nice to hold on to the old memories, though.

Colm Keegan said...

yeah yeah so bagpuss is no more - but where's the writer of this blog?!? The internet feels so cold without you're oubliness.

Niamh B said...

I think a months mourning is quite enough... Cmon missus back to work!! unless you've been sneakily writing away in the background, in private, with your so called delicate hands!! Hmmm it's all beginning to make sense...

Domestic Oub said...

Ok! Ok! I guess my excuses have run out... but remember, you've only yerselves to blame...