Monday, May 18, 2009

A long short list? Or just genius?

It turns out the postman hadn't been neglecting me. On the mat, upon my return this afternoon was a lovely thick envelope. A result, from a competition! Oh the delight! Short listed in the Malahide Library short story competition. I didn't win, but they sent me a book as a consolation prize. Think I actually own the book already, but hey, I can re-gift it and save myself a tenner. So, in reality they've sent me ten quid as a prize. That makes me significantly financially better off than I was this morning.



So, I texted my joy to my partner in rhyme (groan) Ms DramaQueen. Turns out that she'd been short listed too!

And of course, I'm delighted for her - and vice versa (I hope! :)

But we artiste are sensitive souls... the doubts began to creep in as our text messages pinged through the Lucan air... exactly how short was this short list...??? (She and I know we are phenomenally talented writers - a little too good for the general populace, hence the fact that we've been passed over a few times - but our immense talent keeps us warm at night... )

So, c'mon, who else out there is having their short list glow ruined by me right now?

3 comments:

Niamh B said...

not me, but then I didn't enter that one, nor am I at home, where no doubt the notifications of winning are piling high

Drama Queen said...

Having re-read our stories I can only conclude that there were no actual winners, just a short-list of two (maybe 3 because Various is so talented that she wouldn't actually have to submit a story to get a prize).
Maybe we should keep this achievement a secret, just between us two, whaddya think?

Drama Queen said...

And Niamh, sure what else would one be doing on honeymoon only checking your mail? I suppose one of your entertaining blogs is out of the question?