Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Novel Approach...


So, momentous moment, I have passed the 95k words mark in 'De Novel'. Its taken blood, sweat and tears - and with, I reckon, another 10/20 thou to write, there could be an ocean of bodily fluids to navigate yet.

But I fear I may have hit a problem. I reckon my novel is a bit of a weeble. Yes, you heard me right. A weeble. All thin at the beginning, getting much much fuller at the end.

Will anyone bother to stay with the story to the end when all the exciting things happen in the last five hundred words?

Sigh.

4 comments:

Niamh B said...

if you write it they will come...

WOW - WELL DONE on that!

Drama Queen said...

That achievement deserves a flourish of trumpets - and don't worry, they'll read it. From what I recall there was actually quite a bit going on at the beginning too!
And there was I thinking you were slacking, taking your leisure unwilling to weild the pen (in a manner of speaking).
Well done you!

beedlemama said...

Crumbs, well done you! See there is something in the air. You just have to finish it and get out there and sell it, no hassle! I spy a publishing deal..

Domestic Oub said...

Thanks for the support guys! Did a plan of the ending last night, so I know all that has to happen and how it has to happen to get to the end! Five chapters!! So near...