Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Brrrr....

I'm bloody freezing. Mr Oubliette has man flu. Baby Oubliette is master classing tantrums.

And with no Poetry Bus to force me to write, I'm not creating anything.

Other than resentment.

I need to go to the shops. With man-flu victim at home, I can do this without the company of crazy baby diva. But, it's only the heat from the (now fixed) laptop battery that's keeping me warm. If I throw off my electronic hot water bottle, then I'll freeze solid. And that's before I even leave the house.

Truly, I have a difficult life.

And maybe I'll even shop unwisely if I ever get to the shops because I'm feeling cold. I might buy chocolate. And cake. And biscuits. My body crying out for the energy they'd provide, to warm me up. Ruin the diet that's only about three hours old.

Disaster.


Any tips on how I can resolve this incredibly awful dilemma will be gratefully received.

5 comments:

Niamh B said...

Yay - at least the laptop is fixed!
Get a duvet, get a couch, apply both liberally, and watch rubbishy movies on tv all day (txting man-flu-man from time to time to check on status)

Matt Bolton said...

Man flu is the worst thing ever. But cake is always good, diets are for those with will power and they are dull and predictable. So two jumpers, three is too many it would restrict movement in case you want to do the YMCA, hot chocolate and a vodka. And then more chocolate, duvet and a good DVD/ book

Totalfeckineejit said...

Have you tried teleporting the people next door to another dimension and living in their cosy house?

Rachel Fox said...

See how much we need the Poetry Bus!
I can't stop crying and I blame TFE...
x

Domestic Oub said...

Oh how much we need it! Bad, TFE, bad!