Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Much Ablog about Nothing





So, I've been trying to write a blog entry for the past few days now, but nothing is really jumping out at me. Yes, contracts were finally signed on the new house. But, yawn, I suspect if I say one more word on the subject everyone I know will make like Murder on the Orient Express and collectively do me in. (Apologies for the Agatha Christie spoiler there...)

I could also write about last Saturdays Shoestring Collective, but, after three glasses of wine, a pint and a half of Guinness, my recollections are a little fuzzy. I remember a lot of laughing - and then a serious cocaine play that put everyone on a downer... ha, ha, only kidding Uiscebot! It was just part of the rollercoaster! We're laughing! We're crying! We're wondering what that bloke is doing with the guitar and peddles...


But, I reckon its been a few days now, the moment has passed for a review.



So, that just leaves funny things the kids said as my staple blog filler. But they've been more sombre lately... far example:

Middle Child(age 6) : Why is grandad working at the weekend?
Me: He has a lot of bills to pay.
Middle Child : When I find my piggy bank I will give him money.
Me: That's really sweet of you, but a hug would be better. Hugs are the the best thing.

Pause.

The voice from the back of the car...

Middle Child : Not starving is better than hugs.

Me: Good point.

Well, I guess this is going to be a blog entry about nothing.

Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Niamh B said...

I have a cushion with exactly the same design as the one you have in the background of the blog there. It is in fact one of those famous "Various" cushions that inspired me onto the world wide web.
Your kids are funny.... :-)

Uiscebot said...

Aw, I was looking forward to a review. Not starving is better than hugs. Blogs are supposed to be about nothing! Dont let that deter ya