Friday, August 13, 2010

Must I?

Haven't posted in a week.

Gah!

Surely I must have something to say?

Er.

Mr Oub's been in Bratislava all week. Had the temerity to text me, telling me that he was all hung over on Thursday. What's that honey, you're feeling a little off as you had too good a time out boozing with your co-workers? I'll get to some sympathy after I finish cleaning the house, minding your children and generally been exhausted from doing everything on my own!

Not bitter, no.

That said, I did have to rummage around a little for my indignation.

Why? 'Cause I am very lazy.

I get quite cross when I have to do more than the bare minimum. Like, with Mr Oub away, the laundry has been quite piling up. And the bin? Needs emptying. And sundry other trifles that would just require that little bit too much for Queen Oub.

I'd much rather sit on my arse.

Would you believe I had to put the kids to bed every night! On my own. Well. Okay, I put Toddler Oub to bed, but the lads Oub were sent by themselves - and sure, so what if I did a deal with them where they were allowed extra time on the WII in return for me not having to read them a story? Is that so bad?

I think I could give Katie Price and Kerry Katona a run for their money in the model mother stakes.

Anyway, Mr Oub will return any minute now, we wait impatiently, and normal service will return.

Hurray! Sofa - you and me got a hot date.

4 comments:

Domestic Oub said...

Hurray!


(ho, ho the word verification is 'fecked'!)

Titus said...

First,
Aargh! You stars! I listened to the mega-show whilst painting tonight and you are the French and Saunders of radio! Only more intellectual. And probably thinner. And with Irish accents. And a slight tendency to giggle. Hmmm...
Great conversation, great poems, great music but most of all, great people! Agree with some of what you said, disagreed with other bits, loved the way D'Oub talks so fast, loved it all. You should get a network show. Unless this is a network show.
P.S. Just copying this comment to both of you, as can't be arsed to type it twice.

Now, to the matters in hand.
1. I didn't know Bratislava still existed. County or city?
2. It's always a choice thing. House, children, garden (poss. allotment), work or me? In such matters, it is wisest to rely on the wisdom of Whitney, who has made such a roaring success of her later years;
"I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all"

Sofa it is then.

Captain Sensible said...

Garedening, particularly the cultivation of vegetables, can be very rewarding.It is a jolly marvellous thing if one has the gift of 'green fingers'

Domestic Oub said...

Hello all - thanks for all comments - sadly I was abducted by aliens again, hence the delay in acknowledgement...